If Rajinikanth was born a hundred years earlier, the British would have fought to get their independence from India, goes one of the hundreds of jokes woven around him, crowding the internet.
But then Rajinikanth, who turned 65 today, has always been a phenomenon nonpareil. But on screen, the ultimate folk hero, style badshah and forever young virilty icon of Indian cinema who will despatch a dozen baddies with as much thought as flicking a speck of dust off his carefully creased fancy shirts or regularly get atop a 50 storey building with a single small leap is not expected to be anything less than grossly surreal.
Even if the Rajinikanth away from the cameras and arc lights may be the exact opposite. An ageing man walking around in a plain white shirt and dhoti, never bothering to hide his severely balding pate or the white stubble on his face.
Here are a pick of things which only rajnikanth can make it happen.
1. Handle a hundred gigantic guns with two hands. Up yours, you tentacled octopus!
I decided to do a story on THE Rajnikanth, but then I am wondering how many light years it’d take me to complete a story on how awesome he is. But that’s not happening. So we’re celebrating the super awesome things only Rajnikanth can do in this entire freakin’ world. Why? Because the man is God’s masterpiece. And God is Rajnikanth’s! Okay, let’s roll!
2. Light that smoke like nobody’s business!
3. And make it reach his mouth like that!
4. Make king Leonidas scream in fear.
5. Make Google feel lucky!
6. Handle attackers like that. Let’s just not practice this at home, okay?
7. Have Superman make his bed at night and be super humble about it!
8. Catch the culprit with a single throw.
9. Have this kickass driving license. For outer space!
10. Make the Earth spin. Like, really!
11. Make people fly, just by walking past them. Respect!
12. Flip the enemy in air. And then reverse flip him. Because flipping just once is too mainstream!